The LWC Women’s Network is for all women of Living Waters Church, from both our Fort Langley and Willoughby locations, no matter your age. It's a network that exists to provide places for connection, growth and service. This site will be updated regularly with upcoming events and relative information.
All women take ownership of their spiritual growth, resulting in deeper intimacy with Christ, bringing wholehearted living.
To provide time and space to grow in intimacy with God, own our identity in Christ and be empowered by Holy Spirit to be a light in our spheres of influence.
Here are some things we are looking forward to...
If you are interested in learning more about who God has created you to be, and in developing new skills that can be used in the church, at work and in the community, this program is for you!
· ZOE Network exists to empower and mobilize women and men, through biblical discipleship and the power of the Holy Spirit, to thrive in the mission of God, at home and abroad.
· We believe that God has given every person a unique “first name.” Each of us has a part to play in God’s mission based on our strengths, gifts, passion, personality and location. God uses it all for His purposes. Our job is to understand who God has created us to be and then strategically activate, grow and put to work what He has deposited in us. ZOE courses are designed to help in this process.
· The ZOE Network Leadership Program at Living Waters consists of 4 individual courses – IDENTITY, RELATE, TOGETHER & SENT. Each course is a total of 5 classes with an orientation at the beginning and a graduation at the end of the year for those that complete all 4 courses.
· You need to have completed the course prior to be eligible for each course.
· Full of practical tools and self-reflection, ZOE provides a unique opportunity for you to grow deeper into all you are created to be. No matter how much we know or how vast our experience, there is always more to learn and develop in all God has for us. ZOE also grows great friendships, as you learn and walk alongside like-minded women.
Classes run on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 pm.
Registration for IDENTITY in 2021 is open from August 29th through September 30th. Classes begin mid-October through November. More information or the link for registration can be found here.
More information on what the ZOE Leadership Program includes, costs, and time commitment needed can be found here.
Learn more about ZOE Network.
We plan events for the network throughout the year— fall, spring and summer. These events range from worship evenings, to activities we can all enjoy together, to serving together in our broader community of Langley. The idea is to create a place that is warm and welcoming for anyone, no matter where they are on their spiritual journey. Please click events for the latest information.
Every year in March we hold a retreat at Stillwood Christian Retreat Centre. This is a weekend for women (young and young at heart) to gather together, away from the distractions of work and home, and simply spend time with God and each other. It allows us space to build relationships with other women, and even catch up on some much-needed rest! (We purposefully build in downtime to do just that).
Our next retreat will be March 18-20, 2022.
Women's Day is held on the first Saturday of June every year. The day looks different each year and can range from fun activities, to serving our local community of Langley, to discovering more about ourselves and the God we serve.
From time to time there will be opportunities to gather with other women on a regular basis, who share similar hobbies or interests. Information will be posted here and/or on the Facebook page.
A meet-up is an event where LWC women (and their friends and neighbours) can connect to share an activity. Whether that be a walk, a hike, a concert, or a coffee and a chat at a local cafe. Keep your eyes open and check Facebook as they are often posted there. Or better still post the activities that you are doing and invite others to join you! This is a great way to connect and build new friendships!
There are several LWC life groups specifically for women of all ages. You can access more information by clicking on the title above.
We are all at different places in our transformational journeys and there are always people who are a bit farther down the road in areas where we may be struggling or asking questions. It is often helpful to meet with someone in a mentoring setting as we work through the challenges.
If you have any questions about the Women's or Mentoring Network, please contact Kirsten.